The field of energy healing tends to attract very caring, highly sensitive people who want to give from their souls to accomplish good in the world.
We can become attuned to Reiki, learn all about the chakras, how to heal the hara and discover deep secrets about the energy field.
But part of becoming a successful energy healer has to do with learning how to manage your own energy.
Every profession has its challenges.
As of this writing, I am now 63 years old and have been practicing natural healing since I was 34.
There are common problems of energy healers and by now I promise you I’ve literally made every mistake myself.
It’s not enough to know how to do natural healing techniques when you are wanting to maintain a successful healing practice.
You will want to make sure you don’t fall into these common traps:
- Failing to protect your energy.
- Taking on your client’s karma.
- Using your psychic gifts more for others and not enough for yourself.
- Using your personal energy for healing work rather than channeling divine energy.
- Getting triggered by your client’s story.
- Trying to fix others rather than holding space for healing to occur.
- Taking on the pain and suffering of the world.
Let’s go deeper into these challenges.
One. Failing to protect your energy. I remember years ago going to a client’s home to do healing work.
We held the session in her child’s toy room because that was the only space available.
When I got home I was so exhausted I had to cancel my vacation.
I literally sat in an armchair for two days and drank water.
I prayed to God, “I am willing to serve you but not at this expense.”
I wasn’t even sure my client knew anything had changed.
I recognized I had not fully protected my energy and had taken on the energy she had been wanting to release.